Voorwaardes en Bepaalings
NOTE: Christelike UItgewersmaatskappy is a publisher and only sells to retailers.All purchases by members of the public can be done through CUM Books. Please refer to: www.cumbooks.co.za
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Book and gift items are listed and invoiced at a recommended retail selling price.
- General Retail: Books/Gifts - 35%
- Churches: Books/Gifts - 15%
Minimum Order Charge:
- New customers’ orders (minimum R500 after discount, V.A.T. included) must be paid in advance.
Conferences and trade shows:
- Special offers extended at these events will only apply to orders taken at the event and completed on the provided pricelists.
Credit terms and payment:
- Accounts will be opened for successful applicants.
- Credit limits will be set and reviewed regularly.
- Terms of payment are strictly thirty (30) days.
- Per cheque: Please attach remittance advice.
- Electronic: Proof of payment must be faxed to us with the invoice number.
- Credit Card: Prior arrangement with accounts department.
- Overdue accounts will accrue a monthly service charge of 2%.
- Freight charges in excess of 4% of the nett invoice value will be charged to the customer’s account on a separate invoice.
Free freight for orders within South Africa.
- 3 working days’ from invoicing for delivery in Johannesburg, West Rand, Durban and Pretoria main centers.
- 3 working days’ delivery from invoicing to Western, Northern and Eastern Cape main centers.
- Rest of country 5 - 7 working days from invoicing.
- Orders of below R500 will attract a R50 minimum order charge.
- Back orders that formed part of an order larger than R500 will be exempt from minimum order charge.
- Orders less than R500 will be consolidated for 7 days before shipping.
- Forty-eight (48) hour deliveries can be arranged on request and the customer will be liable for the cost thereof.
Proof of delivery (p.o.d.):
- All copies of a signed p.o.d. will be subject to a charge of R5 each.
- Returns will not be accepted without prior authorisation.
- All returns will be subject to a 20% of invoice value re-handling charge (except products with manufacturing or publisher defects).
- Returns must be clean, free of marks or labels and saleable.
- Claims must be made within seven (7) days of receipt of order.
20 Smuts Avenue, Vereeniging
Gauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
PO Box 1599
|Telephone number||:||016 440 7000|
|Fax number||:||016 421 1748|
|International telephone number||:||27 16 440 7000|
|International fax number||:||27 16 421 1748|
|Toll-free fax number||:||0800 111 603|
|:||0800 003 403|
|Switchboard||:||016 440 7000|
|Toll-free||:||0800 003 399|
|:||0800 003 400|
|:||0800 003 401|
|:||0800 003 402|
eBooks: Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") carefully before purchasing any eBooks. By accessing this site, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions which shall constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy and CUM Books. You should review these terms and conditions regularly as they may change at any time at our sole discretion. If you do not agree to any term or condition, you should not access this site or attempt to purchase any eBooks.
"eBooks" and "Links" thereto eBooks
An "eBook" means an electronic book, in .pdf or .epub format, capable of being opened and read on your PC, Mac or certain other hardware devices ("Devices"), or Adobe Digital Editions software ("Adobe Reader"), such digital content reader applications hereinafter referred to as "Reader Applications". Your access to any eBook purchased by you from Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy / CUM Books will be granted via a link to such eBook's .acsm file ("Link").
Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy/Christian Art serve DRM files through Adobe Content Server. We offer eBooks for iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch, Macintosh Computer and Windows Computer.
Limits to functionality and usage of eBooks
eBooks will not be readable on devices that do not support either of the Reader Applications.
Even if a Device supports either of the Reader Applications, eBooks will only be readable on such Device/s as you have associated with your profile in such Reader Application. If you have not registered with one of the Reader Applications, you will only be able to read the eBook on the Device onto which it was first downloaded.
You will need to be connected to the internet when you download an eBook and open it for the first time. On subsequent openings of the eBook, you need not be connected to the internet, provided you are opening the eBook from the Device you registered with the relevant Reader Application when you first downloaded and opened the eBook.
With one exception, eBook formats are not compatible with each other. This is very important to understand. If you are using eReader, for example, you can only read Palm format ebooks in eReader. You cannot read Adobe, Microsoft, Sony, Kindle, or Mobipocket format ebooks in eReader.
The ePub format is designed to be compatible across readers and devices, but is currently only supported by a limited number (Sony Reader Digital Book to name one). If you're considering the ePub format, make sure your device or reader supports the ePub format before you purchase, and that you have the necessary software or firmware updates for your reader or device.
To enter the world of ebooks, you need access to the Internet to download the ebooks, ebook reader software, and a device to run the ebook reader software. Follow this link (http://www.adobe.co./products/digitaleditions)to download the programs.
Use of eBooks
Our eBooks are intended for personal and non-commercial use of the original buyer only. All our eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher and/or the authors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of our eBooks, in whole or in part.
eBooks are NOT returnable. Cancellation of your order is not possible if you have already downloaded the eBook. A refund will not be given on a purchased eBook after the eBook has been downloaded. You will not buy a hardcover, softcover or paperback book. You will get no printed version of whatever kind by mail. If you order, you will get a downloadable digital product.
By downloading any eBook, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these terms. You hereby undertake that you shall not attempt to do carry out of the Illegal Activities and should any of the Illegal Activities be possible for some reason, you undertake to not do so. You hereby indemnify Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy / CUM Books from any and all loss, damage, or expense it may suffer or from claims which may be made by third parties against Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy / CUM Books which arise from or in relation to your having participated in any Illegal Activities in relation to any eBook sold by Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy / CUM Books.
Every effort has been made to make our eBooks as complete and accurate as possible. However, there might be slight differences both typographical and in content to the printed copy of the same title.
Ordering eBooks from Christelike Uitgewersmaatskappy / CUM Books
When purchasing an eBook from CUM Books, you will be purchasing the right to download such eBook from the relevant publisher's website and consequently, delivery will take place electronically via the internet as described below.
Practical issues to note in utilising the Link to download the eBook:
The Link will contain your unique reference number as allocated by the publisher of the eBook
By clicking on the Link, a small locator file, unique to you, will be downloaded explaining where you can go to download the eBook.
Please take note: The .epub/.pdf files are digital right management (DRM) encrypted and are served via the Adobe Content Server (ACS). Please make sure that the DRM files via ACS are readable on your reader, it can only be read on certain devices. CUM Books cannot be held responsible if you cannot read the file on your reader.
When ordering please furnish our sales staff with the following information:
- Trading name of your company and account number.
- Your purchase order number and name as references.
- Title or item number and quantity of each product you require.
|Accounts A-L :||016 440 7051|
|Accounts M-Z :||016 440 7052|
|Monday to Thursday||08:00 – 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 – 16:30|